We are so eager to see you again for your medical and surgical eye care needs! We have been carefully preparing to reopen our doors with the highest level of safety in mind for our patients, providers, and staff. While you can expect the same level of personal care, many aspects of your visit to our office will look a little different as a result of the measures we have put into place. You will be receiving detailed safety information when you schedule your appointment but here are some key highlights:
Your Safety is Our Priority
- We are requiring all patients to arrive wearing cloth or commercial face coverings. You will wear your mask throughout your appointment.
- Please plan to arrive at your scheduled appointment time. When you arrive, pull up under the awning in front of the door. Our Chu Vision Greeters will meet you to take your temperature and ask a few health screening questions to ensure there has been no COVID-19 exposure. The Greeters will direct you to park and escort to in the building at your appointment time.
- Everyone who enters the building will have their temperature checked and be asked the COVID-19 questions, including patients, guests, staff members and providers.
- We ask that anyone accompanying you wait safely in their car during your appointment unless there is a true need for them to join you. We are able to communicate with family members over the phone if you'd like an extra set of ears listening in to the medical conversations.
- In order to maintain physical distancing, we have removed most chairs in our welcoming area and have added protective barriers.
- Our doctors and patient care team will be wearing masks, goggles or face shields, and gloves throughout your visit.
- Our exam and treatment rooms and equipment will be thoroughly sanitized between each patient, and our facility will be cleaned often throughout the day.
Your Eye Health
- While we look forward to seeing you in our office, some appointments are being wholly or partially converted to online telehealth visits where you will consult with a provider from the safety and comfort of your home. Not every appointment can be completed over telehealth, but our patient care team can help you decide if telehealth is an option for you.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding as we slowly and safely reopen our doors to you. We still love to connect with our patients and understand how important that connection is. We are practicing physical distancing while we continue to emphasize the human connection. We look forward to seeing you again
If you have questions or concerns about the health of your eyes, scheduling, or our reopening procedures, don’t hesitate to give our team a call. Our office hours are 8:30am-4pm Monday through Friday, with an after-hours emergency service available 24/7.